Virtual Church 2021
2021: Tier 4... and now lockdown. Sunday service material is available here as usual.
Sunday Morning Service for 28th Feb 2021 - for use at home
We worship together in spirit, at 10.30am.
Weekly newsletters are emailed (or, in a few cases, posted) to fellowship members, and will no longer be loaded to the website. Newsletters from the first lockdown can still be found on the Fellowship page, along with other lockdown message/resources.
For those attending the gathered Sunday service (when not on lockdown), guidance on Covid-19 precautions can also be found there.
'A song for today' gives you a new song to listen to and reflect on every day. Do take a look >>
News and links
- 18th June: all Christian Aid money has now been submitted, and the figures finalised. The combined total for the Plant Sale and all other donations is £805.27.
- 7th May: In case you've somehow managed to miss this... here's the link for the lockdown song 'UK Blessing':- www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U
- 30th April: The East Midlands Baptist Association are holding a Day of Prayer on Tuesday 5th May. Find out about it at embaptists.co.uk/emba-day-of-prayer/
- 20th April: Christian Aid are producing all sorts of online resources to support this year's Christian Aid Week. Some are available already, and there are more to follow. Watch this space!
- 20th April: Christian Aid Week is coming... we can't have our usual Coffee Morning and Plant Sale, but we have the plants: we're hoping people will look at the plants.artie.co.uk website and support us... whilst remaining socially distanced / isolated.
- 30th March: From today Nottingham City Prayer will be having a 5 minute daily devotional video, from a different church leader, to provide encouragement and support during this Covid-19 outbreak - www.youtube.com/channel/UCwa0_0GWYqMk4TlSjd0syRw
- 30th March: Leprosy Mission are recording a series of reflections called 'Letting the Light in', The first is on Ezekiel 37 (valley of the dry bones) and John 11 (raising of Lazarus), and can be found at www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlM841_RNJY
- 25th March: Helen Paynter, who teaches at Bristol Baptist College, is doing a tour of the Bible, making daily Youtube videos.
- 25th March: Dave Walker's cartoons can be amusing and thought-provoking in equal measure. You can see them at cartoonchurch.com
- 22nd March: The BBC is adding a new church service to its schedules, at 8am on Sundays across all local radio stations. Tomorrow's will be led by the Archbishop of Canterbury.
- 22nd March: Churches Together in England (CTE) have issued a national call to prayer, and are encouraging everyone to light a candle and place it in a window as a visible symbol of Jesus, our light and hope in prayer. (We'd strongly recommend using a battery-powered candle if possible. Otherwise, please make sure your curtains are well out of the way!) More at www.cte.org.uk/Articles/569010/Home/News/Latest_news (...)
- Colin Sedgwick, one of our regular Sunday Service speakers, has a frequently updated blog of Bible-based thoughts, each with a short prayer at the end, at sedgonline.wordpress.com
- 20th March: Keith Getty has published a new Easter song - you can listen to it on Youtube:- www.youtube.com/watch?v=OibIi1rz7mw